Ready for your next challenge?
We’re looking for a UX/UI designer to join our team.
Currently going from strength to strength, with new clients and growing existing ones, we are looking to welcome a UX/UI designer into our team.
- a designer looking for opportunities to work on new projects?
- looking to work in an agency that builds products and brands from scratch?
- happy to work in a small team, organised in pods made of backend, frontend, design and project management?
- keen to develop a sense of ownership in your projects and to help our clients fulfil their potential?
A little bit about us
Founded in 2011, CookiesHQ is a growing software development agency in Bristol, UK. We build fantastic digital products for businesses with passion and potential.
Since 2011 we’ve grown organically by treating our staff and clients with the highest respect and openness. This is how we’ve built a strong customer base who have been growing with us for many years.
Early on, we decided to offer everyone working at CookiesHQ the opportunity to work from any location they choose, as a one-off or on a regular basis, whether it’s the office, home, their favourite coffee shop, different country or tree-house (hey, whatever you’re into).
As a result, we now have a team that is geographically spread but well equipped to collaborate.
We’re very keen on self-development and work-life balance, so you will get dedicated self-improvement time and won’t be asked or expected to work nights or weekends.
How do we work?
We work on projects in ‘pods’, i.e. teams within the team. A pod is usually made of a project manager, a designer, a lead back-end developer and a lead front-end developer. Additional developers join the project if and when needed.
We usually work in sprints and tend not to split time between projects. In other words, most of the time, you will be working on one project at any one time to focus your efforts and avoid the cost of switching from one project to another too often.
We also give our team a great sense of ownership for each project as well as the opportunity to meet the clients, participate in the planning meetings and have a direct channel of communication if and when necessary. This allows you to understand the context of the projects that you work on and make rational decisions based on the business use cases.
A little bit about you and the role
We’re currently looking for a UX/ UI designer with experience of producing customer-facing mobile apps and web platforms.
If you’re excited about using design to solve problems, this could be the ideal role for you. We need a designer who can turn a list of requirements into clean, modern designs that will wow our clients.
You’ll be passionate about design and have a good eye for detail. Experimenting and backing up your ideas with research and data will be second nature to you. As a team member, you’ll be resourceful and proactive, keen to work on a wide range of projects and develop your skills further.
This is a permanent, full-time role of 40 hours a week, 9am to 5.30pm. You’ll be based in our fast-moving studio in Bristol. Travel to clients outside of normal working hours may be required.
- research user requirements and map out user journeys
- work with developers to understand the requirements of the UI
- produce prototypes, wireframes and user flows to communicate interaction and design ideas
- design attractive, responsive websites and interfaces with outstanding navigation
- share new industry trends and insights with the team and the community.
Required skills and experience:
- demonstrable visual and graphic design skills
- a clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design and design thinking
- experience of producing wireframe designs, user stories and mock-up development
- an in-depth understanding of the full cycle of product design and development
- the confidence and ability to drive projects independently based on briefs
- familiarity with design tools such as Sketch and Marvel
- experience of working in multidisciplinary teams
- excellent communication and organisational skills.
Salary and benefits:
- flexible working – core working hours are 9am to 5.30pm
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- pension scheme
- life insurance
- learning and personal development opportunities
- competitive salary
- 7% company’s profit redistribution scheme after your first year.
How to apply and what to expect
To apply, please send your CV and any relevant information to Nicolas, our CTO (email: [email protected]).
In your first email, please explain your current experience and why you would be a great addition to our team.
Following your email, we may contact you for a first interview, usually in the presence of Nic (CTO) and Nathalie (MD).