As the world enthusiastically waves goodbye to 2020, we’re looking back at what the last 12 months meant for CookiesHQ and for our lovely clients. Despite everything that came with the pandemic, we launched some amazing products, started a new podcast series and took our existing clients’ projects to the next level.
We’re looking forward to doing more of the same in 2021! Think you could benefit from working with Cookies this year? Get in touch
New Project Launches 🚀
We brought these fantastic new products to life in 2020…
Yuup – A new marketplace for experiences in Bristol, borne out of a passionate belief in local communities.
BBC Maestro – An e-learning platform for inspiring courses with a celebrity twist.
Stornaway – An app that opens up the work of interactive film for all, allowing users to write, plan and produce interactive stories (think: Black Mirror’s Bandersnatch) without coding.
Shop Here Not There 🎁
When Lockdown 2.0 was announced, we immediately thought of the impact this would have on Bristol’s small, independent shops and creators.
We wanted to help, so we got to work creating Shop Here Not There – a one-stop-shop for finding Bristol businesses, artists and creators that need your support in these trying times. The aim is to encourage people to support the local community because we believe now is a time to move away from lining billionaire’s pockets or sustaining tech conglomerates who have little interest in an ecosystem beyond themselves.
Shop Here Not There is going from strength to strength, with the business directory ever-growing and was recently featured in The Guardian.
If you’re looking for something lovely that you can feel good about ordering, or want to get your business listed – it’s completely free – head over to Shop Here Not There
Client Successes 🎉
Our clients’ success is our success! Here are some fantastic things that have been going on in our clients’ worlds this year:
- Good Sixty expanded into TWO new locations (Oxford & Stroud) and saw a huge rise in business as lockdown hit and more people looked to get their groceries delivered (and our code stood up to the test of a sudden 3000% spike in traffic!)
- The Medic Portal successfully adapted their offering and have taken their services online with a range of e-learning courses.
- Big Clean Switch teamed up with giants like Sky and Ikea to help more people save the money, and the planet.
- Stornaway secured funding from an Innovate UK grant.
- Patternbank asked us to create a brand new admin tool to speed up the creation of their regular marketing emails enabling them to get great content out quicker.
Starting as we mean to go on...
2021 has only just begun but we are already on the lookout for new Cookies to join us! We’re a friendly bunch who encourage self-development and a healthy work/life balance. We offer fully flexible working, even in non-pandemic times, and are looking for enthusiastic tech-lovers to fill the following roles:
- Ruby on Rails or full-stack developers
- Junior to mid-level Ruby on Rails developers – Permanent full time – Bristol, UK or remote up to GMT +/- 2
- Front-end developer
- Mid-level to senior front-end developer – Permanent full time – Bristol, UK or remote up to GMT +/- 2
- UX/UI designer
- Mid-level to senior UX/UI designer – Permanent, full-time – Bristol, UK