CookiesHQ is a small, dynamic digital agency. Founded in 2011, we’ve grown organically into a team of talented developers, organisers and creatives. Our studio is based in the technical hub of Bristol, UK, but we work with organisations all around the globe. Our closest partner is less than 3 miles from us, our furthest more than 3,000.
We mainly work on Ruby on Rails web applications, but we also develop and maintain mobile apps, Alexa voice apps and platforms in other languages. Our mission is to deliver unique products and build strong, lasting partnerships with our clients. We work with our businesses – not just invoice them.
Our project manager is due to go on maternity leave in a few months, and we need to find someone confident and proactive to take on her role. The contract will be for 12 months initially, with a view to turning into a permanent role as the company expands further.
This is a full-time role of 40 hours a week, 9am to 5.30pm. You’ll be based in our fast-moving studio in Southville, Bristol. Travel to clients outside of normal working hours may be required.
- manage all aspects of the project life cycles, from gathering client requirements through to successful delivery and launch
- engage with product owners, stakeholders and the delivery team to understand business needs and identify appropriate solutions
- maintain clear and regular communication with clients at all times
- plan sprints, estimate sessions and retrospectives
- coordinate the projects teams and keep directors informed of progress
- solve problems as they arise and adjust plans.
Skills and experience
- 2 or more years’ experience in project management
- excellent organisational and leadership skills
- an understanding of software products and web development processes
- experience (or at least an understanding) of Agile methodologies
- outstanding communication skills
- great attention to detail
- exceptional time management skills.
You should be able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously against deadlines. You will know how to interpret high-level requirements and break these down into smaller deliverables.
You’ll be full of fresh ideas and take pride in delivering great results.
Salary and benefits
The salary will range from 25-30k, based on experience.
- pension scheme and life insurance
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- learning and development opportunities
- conference budget.
There are little things that make CookiesHQ a good place to work – team days out, fresh fruit deliveries and time set aside for learning new skills. But we also enjoy bigger benefits like flexible working and a culture that supports a healthy work/life balance.
If this sounds like the right role for you, send a covering email and your CV to [email protected]
No agencies please.