Denis is a strategy game and fantasy fiction fan. He builds small internet gadgets that might take over the world. He has certainly taken over our world here at CookiesHQ which is why we have promoted him to tech lead!
How did you first get involved with Cookies?
Whilst at an event with a start-up I was involved with, I met Nic and discussed all the cool projects CookiesHQ were working on. So when things didn’t go right with the startup, I got in touch with Nic to see if I could be a part of the cool things happening at CookiesHQ at the time.
Is there a standout moment in your time with Cookies so far?
It’s hard to pick just one:
- Cookies sponsoring me to speak at events (Solidusconf 2017, and Nairuby 2019)
- Going to events
- Team bonding activities, celebrating deploys and hard work
What’s the part of the CookiesHQ culture that you have helped develop?
I’m not sure really, I hope it’s a friendly and inclusive atmosphere! And more specific to my role, I’ve helped to create our various development practices, experiment and integrate new software.
How is your new role different from your last?
I’m involved in projects a lot earlier on, this involves:
- Taking part in discovery sessions where I will lead the tech side, sell the team and the process to the client
- Helping to produce technical proposals for new projects, including costings
- Sharing the plan with the rest of the team and ensure all the back-end developers are following the plan
What are your aims for 2020?
- Embrace my new role fully
- Travel a lot (Maybe I’ll put that on hold for now….)
- Start writing blog posts again
Favourite flavoured cookie?
Coconut. Apart from chocolate, all other flavours are just wrong!