The low down on what’s on in Bristol and Bath for tech events and meet-ups for October.
Don’t forget! We’re having our very first CookiesHQ Open Desk Day on Wednesday 28th September. Have a read down below for more details and sign up on our Meetup page!
Thursday 29th September 2016 – 7pm to 10pm – Location TBC
Tuesday 4th October 2016 – 6:30pm – Famous Royal Navy Volunteer, 17-18 King Street, Bristol, BS1 4EF
Wednesday 5th October 2016 – 5:30pm to 7:30pm – Ashfords LLC, Tower Wharf, Cheese Lane, Bristol, BS2 0JJ
- In what ways do the founders of a business influence its culture?
- What are the key differences in attitude between a founder and an employee?
- What aspects of culture would engage a newly recruited employee?
Thursday 6th October 2016 – 7:00pm – Bristol Engine Shed @ Temple Meads, BS1 6QH, Bristol
Thursday 6th October 2016 – 10:30am to 12:30pm – The Guild Coworking Hub, High Street, Bath, BA1 5EB
Thursday 6th – 12:00pm to 5:00pm and Friday 7th October 2016 – 9:00am to 5:00pm – The Watershed, 1 Canon’s Road, Bristol, BS1 5TX
Tuesday 11th October 2016 – 7:00pm – The Watershed, 1 Canon’s Road, Bristol, BS1 5TX
Thursday 13th October 2016 – 6:30pm to 9:30pm – Momentum Financial Technology office, 10 Temple Back, Bristol
- How to undo changes
- Branching and merging
- Pushing/pulling and working with remotes
- (Interactive) Rebasing
- Useful tips and tricks (please submit your own favourite commands)
Tuesday 18th October 2016 – 6:30pm – DeskLodge Ltd, 5th Floor, 1 Temple Way, Bristol, BS2 0BY
Thursday 20th October 2016 – 10:30am – Beatroot Cafe, 20-21 Lower Park Row, Bristol, BS1 5BN
Thursday 20th October 2016 – 7:00pm – cxpartners, 2 College Square, Bristol
Wednesday 26th October 2016 – 9:30am to 5:30pm – CookiesHQ, 5 Beauley Road, Southville, Bristol, BS3 1PX
Wednesday 26th October 2016 – 7:00pm
“I’ll flesh this out closer to the event, but I’ll be talking about game development with my framework Phaser.
I’m curious to know how to target this: You’re all experienced JS devs already of course, so I don’t want to do a complete beginners talk. Although, I’ll definitely start with a brief overview.
Thursday 27th October 2016 -7pm to 10pm – Location TBC
Design / Build / Market is a Meetup for people involved in the creative and digital industries who are passionate about design, development, and marketing.
- Design – looking at all aspects, from graphic to digital, as well as the behaviour and psychology of design
- Build – focusing on the process of development, problem-solving, specialist areas and a variety of platforms
- Market – how to improve your content, increase your community and build a brand
- CrowdReach – an advertising service providing targeted Facebook ads that put your crowdfunding project in front of a highly focused audience.
- Fundsurfer – a hybrid crowdfunding platform and community that provide a range of funding options for projects and companies.
- Kirsty Ranger – founder of Crowd10 and IdeaSquares, a support service for startups that offers tools and accelerator programmes to help them achieve funding.
- 6:30pm – Arrive at the venue with time for a chat whilst you wait for the evening to begin
- 7pm – Our first speaker (Design – CrowdReach)
- 7:30pm – Break for drinks/food
- 8pm – Next speaker (Build – Fundsurfer)
- 8:30pm – Another break
- 8:45pm – Last speaker for the evening (Market – Kirsty Ranger)
- 9:15pm – Wrap up with more time for networking
Main image by birgburg