CookiesHQ is a small, dynamic digital agency. Founded in 2011, we’ve grown organically into a team of talented developers, organisers and creatives. Our studio is based in the technical hub of Bristol, UK, but we work with organisations all around the globe.
We design and develop web applications, mobile apps, Alexa voice apps and platforms in other languages. Our mission is to deliver unique products and build strong, lasting partnerships with our clients.
We’re currently looking for a UX/ UI designer with experience of producing customer-facing mobile apps and web platforms.
If you’re excited about using design to solve problems, this could be the ideal role for you. We need a designer who can turn a list of requirements into clean, modern designs that will wow our clients.
You’ll be passionate about design and have a good eye for detail. Experimenting and backing up your ideas with research and data will be second nature to you. As a team member, you’ll be resourceful and proactive, keen to work on a wide range of projects and develop your skills further.
This is a permanent, full-time role of 40 hours a week, 9am to 5.30pm. You’ll be based in our fast-moving studio in Southville, Bristol. Travel to clients outside of normal working hours may be required.
- research user requirements and map out user journeys
- work with developers to understand the requirements of the UI
- produce prototypes, wireframes and user flows to communicate interaction and design ideas
- design attractive, responsive websites and interfaces with outstanding navigation
- share new industry trends and insights with the team and the community.
Skills and experience
- demonstrable visual and graphic design skills
- a clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design and design thinking
- experience of producing wireframe designs, user stories and mock-up development
- an in-depth understanding of the full cycle of product design and development
- the confidence and ability to drive projects independently based on briefs
- familiarity with design tools such as Sketch and Marvel
- experience of working in multidisciplinary teams
- excellent communication and organisational skills.
Salary and benefits
The salary will range from 22-28k, based on experience.
- pension scheme and life insurance
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- learning and development opportunities
- conference budget.
There are little things that make CookiesHQ a good place to work – team days out, fresh fruit deliveries and time set aside for learning new skills. But we also enjoy bigger benefits like flexible working and a culture that supports a healthy work/life balance.
How to apply
If this sounds like the right role for you, send a covering email, your portfolio and your CV to [email protected]
No agencies please.