The winner of our Tech4Good competition is the amazing Bristol-based Marmalade Trust. They shone through the competition as they used technology to reach out to their community, connect with people and spread the word about loneliness. Most importantly, they showed some exciting plans for 2020 and demonstrated how much they would benefit from the Tech for Good prizes.
Who are they?
Marmalade Trust is a Bristol-based charity dedicated to recognising loneliness across society and helping people to make new friendships. Their vision is to “To create a society where people freely acknowledge that loneliness can exist, and will actively support those experiencing it to increase their social contact and make new friendships.”
Some of their key events include loneliness awareness week held in June and their Christmas day event where they support over 150 people who would otherwise be alone to come together on Christmas day to enjoy a Christmas meal.
What have they won?
In the spirit of community and Tech for Good, 10 fantastic businesses joined forces in December to offer the winner a package of prizes to help propel their business. The Marmalade Trust will be benefiting from:
- A day workshop and tech review from CookiesHQ
- A digital marketing workshop from Dodo Digital Agency
- One free technical hire from SR2 Recruitment
- Social media consultation from Seeing Social
- One hour legal consultation from Stephenson Law
- Free years membership from Yena
- Sales consultancy from Plexy
- A team pilates session with Sona Pilates
- 20,000 points on a company account and charity feature from LUX Rewards
- A 2-hour workshop with the founder of FD Works
We look forward to checking back in with Amy and her team at Marmalade Trust to see how she gets on!